Thank you to all our Sustainability Fund donors!
Help Secure Our Future. We need our camp community more than ever. The financial ramifications of not being able to run camp in Summer 2020 are significant. Camp extends beyond our physical locations and buildings. It dwells in our hearts and lasting friendships, our values, and our souls. As we face this challenge, we are strengthened by our camp's vibrant community that has shaped Jewish lives for generations. We know that we can count on our camp community. Please help us look forward to summer 2021 and beyond by making a gift to our Sustainability Fund. Every dollar helps secure the future of Harlam.
What You Can do NOW: Double Your Gift through the Harlam Mispocha (Family) Matching Grant – We are heartened by the generosity provided by Harlam families to enable all gifts to the Harlam Sustainability Fund to be doubled up to $100,000 through November 20, 2020. That means that all gifts will be matched $1 for $1. With gratitude to The Weidhorn Family Foundation: Peter Weidhorn, Joan Weidhorn, Ira Weidhorn, Elyse (Weidhorn) Everett, The Hertzman/Perlmeter Family, The Kollender Family, Sherril Neff and Alicia Felton, and The Ungerleider Family.
Ways to Give and Raise Funds:
- Donate directly to the Harlam Sustainability Fund.
- Establish a peer-to-peer fundraising site to generate contributions for camp at important lifecycle events, between camp friends, to honor someone, or in any way you choose.
- Create a fundraiser to support camp. You could sell things like baked goods or friendship bracelets with proceeds benefitting camp or host your own virtual event with friends to raise money. Check out our fun Virtual Fundraising Resource Kit for help planning your event!
All of these gifts will be doubled up to $100,000!
To make gifts in support of Harlam:
- Read through the information below to learn about Harlam's various funds. These include unrestricted giving options, as well as direct opportunities for support.
- To make a gift online by credit card, use the portal below.
- To make a gift by check please review this pledge/gift card, insert the relevant information, and enclose and send the card with your check (made out to "URJ Camp Harlam"). This will ensure that your gift is directed according to your wishes.
- Checks should be sent to Development Team | Camp Harlam | 301 City Avenue, Suite 110 | Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- If you have any questions, please contact Harlam's Development Director, Judith Friedman (610-668-0423, Ext. 1035)
Camp Harlam takes great pride in its ability to create an environment where “friends become family” for its campers and staff, and is more committed than ever before to make this experience possible for each and every child that is interested, no matter their ability to afford the expense. In the last year, Harlam, its URJ congregational partners, and special foundations and donors that support Jewish Camp contributed more than $650,000 to subsidize a summer at Camp Harlam or Harlam Day Camp for hundreds of children.
Giving to these scholarship efforts is a critical means of supporting camp, and we are pleased to share that as of 2012, we have dedicated our primary Scholarship Fund in name to the memory of one of our finest community members, Mitch Perlmeter. The Camp Harlam community suffered a great loss when Mitch Perlmeter of Montclair, NJ passed away suddenly on February 1, 2011. Mitch had been at Camp Harlam most of his life, was a CIT (Machon/Gesher participant) in 2010 and was to have been a counselor in 2012. Mitch was the son of Rabbis Rex Perlmeter and Rachel Hertzman and brother of Jackie, Sarah, and Nathaniel. We will truly miss Mitch’s energy and enthusiasm for camp and life and his constant smile and have cemented his memory at camp through the establishment of the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund. Additionally, we continue to celebrate his life through the Mitch Perlmeter Leadership Award and through various efforts at camp. You can visit the "Remembering Mitch" Facebook group to share or view thoughts, memories, photos, and videos.
In addition to the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund, we are thankful for the investment of other donors to establish funds at Harlam to make camp more affordable. The creation of the Weidhorn Family Scholarship Program for families with multiple children at Camp Harlam has provided sustainable assistance for families that face extreme challenges in trying to make a long-term possibility for more than one child. Similarly, we are looking forward to the establishment in 2019 of the Abe & Andi Morris Scholarship Fund to support children coming to Harlam that have lost a parent. We are also thankful for the creation of the James & Linda Wimmer Scholarship Fund to support more campers being able to experience a Harlam summer.
The Arie Gluck Capital Fund (which was the beneficiary for all Harlam@60 and 1958 Club fundraising in celebration of our 60th anniversary) is our primary vehicle for the direction of capital donations.