Thank you to all our Sustainability Fund donors! With your support, we have raised $1M for the Harlam Sustainability Fund!
Help Secure Our Future. We need our camp community more than ever. Camp extends beyond our physical locations and buildings. It dwells in our hearts, our lasting friendships, our values, and our souls. We are strengthened by camp's vibrant community that has shaped Jewish lives for generations, and we know that we can always count on the Harlam family. Whether it is a gift to one of Harlam’s many scholarship funds to ensure that more children can attend camp, a gift to the Harlam Sustainability Fund to help secure the future of Harlam, or a gift to the Arie Gluck Capital Fund to create an extraordinary campus with abundant resources – every gift makes a significant impact on Harlam.
Building on the traditions, leadership, and success of more than 60 years at Camp Harlam, we are committed to enhancing our Reform Jewish experience, diverse programs, and expansive facilities to maintain Harlam's reputation as a leader in the field. This renewed culture of philanthropy grows as a result of dedicated professional and lay leadership, engaged volunteers, alumni and friends, and most importantly, inspiring and generous donors. We are grateful for the investment and support of this effort!
Ways to Give and Raise Funds:
- Donate directly to one of Harlam’s various funds.
- Establish a peer-to-peer fundraising site to generate contributions for camp at important lifecycle events, between camp friends, to honor someone. You may choose between a site to support the Arie Gluck Capital Fund, the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund, or the Harlam Sustainability Fund.
- Create a fundraiser to support camp. You could sell things like baked goods or friendship bracelets with proceeds benefitting camp or host your own virtual event with friends to raise money. Check out our fun Virtual Fundraising Resource Kit for help planning your event!
Harlam Virtual Auction
Support the first-ever Harlam Virtual Auction, beginning February 14th and culminating in a virtual event on Saturday, February 20th, which will include a live auction, Havdalah service, and song session. Our goal is to raise $25,000 for the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund.
We need your help in obtaining auction items. We are looking for a mix of virtual courses or experiences (cooking, baking, poker class), signed sports or TV memorabilia, vintage Harlam shirts, handmade items (quilts, artwork), vacation homes, outdoor or fitness gear, gift cards, specialty food items, celebrity meet & greets, and any other ideas you may have!
If you have an item to donate, please complete this form and a member of the committee will connect with you to confirm details. If you do not have any items to donate, but wish to contribute, we would certainly accept a cash donation, which can be used to purchase an item on our list. All donations are tax deductible.
More details will follow in the new year, including a link to RSVP for the virtual event on February 20th.
To make gifts in support of Harlam:
- Read through the information below to learn about Harlam's various funds. These include unrestricted giving options, as well as direct opportunities for support.
- To make a gift online by credit card, click here.
- To make a gift by check please review this pledge/gift card, insert the relevant information, and enclose and send the card with your check (made out to "URJ Camp Harlam"). This will ensure that your gift is directed according to your wishes.
- Checks should be sent to Development Team | Camp Harlam | 301 City Avenue, Suite 110 | Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- If you have any questions, please contact Harlam's Development Director, Judith Friedman (610-668-0423, Ext. 1035)
Camp Harlam takes great pride in its ability to create an environment where “friends become family” for its campers and staff, and is more committed than ever before to make this experience possible for each and every child that is interested, no matter their ability to afford the expense. In the last year, Harlam, its URJ congregational partners, and special foundations and donors that support Jewish Camp contributed more than $650,000 to subsidize a summer at Camp Harlam or Harlam Day Camp for hundreds of children.
Giving to these scholarship efforts is a critical means of supporting camp, and we are pleased to share that as of 2012, we have dedicated our primary Scholarship Fund in name to the memory of one of our finest community members, Mitch Perlmeter. The Camp Harlam community suffered a great loss when Mitch Perlmeter of Montclair, NJ passed away suddenly on February 1, 2011. Mitch had been at Camp Harlam most of his life, was a CIT (Machon/Gesher participant) in 2010 and was to have been a counselor in 2012. Mitch was the son of Rabbis Rex Perlmeter and Rachel Hertzman and brother of Jackie, Sarah, and Nathaniel. We will truly miss Mitch’s energy and enthusiasm for camp and life and his constant smile and have cemented his memory at camp through the establishment of the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund. Additionally, we continue to celebrate his life through the Mitch Perlmeter Leadership Award and through various efforts at camp. You can visit the "Remembering Mitch" Facebook group to share or view thoughts, memories, photos, and videos.
In addition to the Mitch Perlmeter Scholarship Fund, we are thankful for the investment of other donors to establish funds at Harlam to make camp more affordable. The creation of the Weidhorn Family Scholarship Program for families with multiple children at Camp Harlam has provided sustainable assistance for families that face extreme challenges in trying to make a long-term possibility for more than one child. Similarly, we are looking forward to the establishment in 2019 of the Abe & Andi Morris Scholarship Fund to support children coming to Harlam that have lost a parent. We are also thankful for the creation of the James & Linda Wimmer Scholarship Fund to support more campers being able to experience a Harlam summer.
The Arie Gluck Capital Fund (which was the beneficiary for all Harlam@60 and 1958 Club fundraising in celebration of our 60th anniversary) is our primary vehicle for the direction of capital donations.